Oh hey, if you can see this post that means the world hasn’t ended and we’ve all survived \o/ It’s already the 22nd where I am, so…
Off-topic (and late), but I just noticed that NTT Solmare’s games are finally available for Android users outside of US …at least, it is for Australia; can’t vouch for other countries. Any recommendation which one should I try/review? At the moment they’re on sale for 40% off, so it’s a good timing to buy 😀 On that note about mobile otome games, this Reuters article on the subject amused me… mostly because I never thought it’d even bear a mention in Reuters.
I was just looking into pre-ordering Tasogaredoki when I noticed the price difference between different online shops (I excluded Amazon as they don’t ship outside of Japan)… lets’ take the Deluxe Edition as an example:
- CDJapan: game + air mail = ~$110
- HMV: game + shipping = ~$110
- Play-Asia: game + cheapest shipping option (Fedex Eco) = ~$146
- YesAsia: game + free shipping = ~$140
What the heck is happening there? I thought the price used to be comparable… Now let’s compare the standard edition:
- CDJapan: game + air mail = ~$82
- HMV: game + shipping = ~$82
- Play-Asia: game + free shipping option = ~$76
- YesAsia: game + free shipping = ~$76
From that… I guess it’s worthwhile buying from P-A and YesAsia for standard editions, when it comes to PSP games… basically, light items that are non-bulky and which gets free shipping. I think I’ll just use them to buy English games…
On that note about P-A though… I put down my email address to be notifed when there’s a price drop for Arabians Lost (out of curiousity), and this was what happened:
- On Sept 04, I got an email saying that there’s a price drop to $109.30
- On Oct 20, another price drop to $104.99
- On Dec 02, another email saying that there’s a price drop to $115.09… wait what?
- Checking on Dec 20, the price is at $119.90…
…it’s beginning to look like a shady practice. Or maybe a price increase in anticipation of Christmas shopping…? I’m not sure…
Also, Christmas is almost here! I’ll be away on holiday \o/ here’s hoping everyone will have a wonderful Christmas.