…my desktop died a month back, so until I can get off my lazy ass and figure out what’s wrong with it, I’ll only be playing PSP games.
Finished my Real Rode playthrough on the Black route (getting Rodeo ending), and decided that I needed a break… so I picked up Wand of Fortune. Finished a few playthrough, and here’s a brief preview and characters intro.
And this game doesn’t have a screencap function… will probably add character pictures screencapped from the official site or something, when I’m not feeling lazy. Then again, people can just open the official site…
Growing up, Lulu had always wanted to be a magician in memory of her grandmother. So when she’s finally going to start attending a famous magic academy, Mils Crea(?), she was really happy to finally be fulfilling her dream. Except that, after a small test, the teachers discovered that Lulu actually had no element associated to her magic… the reason why all the spell she ever tried to perform always ended up a disaster.
Even worse, the teachers told her that not only that’s bad, it’s also dangerous for herself and everyone around her. But instead of sealing her magic permanently, they’re giving Lulu a chance; if within 6 months she can associate an element to her magic and thus gain control over her spells, they wouldn’t seal her magic and let Lulu continue her study in the academy. And to do this, Lulu’d need to study/practise with another magician whose element she’d like to associate to her own magic, and maybe find more than friendship along the way…
And now, characters:
- Lulu: Main character. A simple and somewhat naive girl who aims to be a magician, driven by the memories of her late grandmother. Overall kind and somewhat on the impulsive side. Loves sweets. Magical amulet: wand.
- Julius: A popular guy (got his own fanclub LOL) who, sadly… is a scatterbrain. Very intelligent and is always invested in the pursuit of magic knowledge. Unfortunately, that also means his mind tends to stray to formulate his own theories regarding a magical occurrence etc, making it difficult to keep up a conversation with him. Other than that… a nice, polite guy. Magical amulet: wand, element is wind.
- Noel: Self-confessedly a rival to Julius’ (although Julius might not even be aware of this), always claims that one day he’ll be come the best magician in the world. Has a somewhat excessive self-confidence, which unfortunately makes him the butt of jokes for others. Magical amulet: glove(?… not sure what it’s called), element is earth.
- Bilal: He’s a prince from a foreign land (hence the strange accent) where the usage of magic is frowned upon (or not widespread… not sure). A gentle, patient adult who’s always available to help other people (and overall just have that standard prince-ly personality). Magical amulet: goblet, element is water.
- Lagi: A half-dragon with a fiery personality. When glomped by a girl, he’ll shape-shift into his dragon form… which looks like a miniature red dragon *lol*, and will need to eat LOTS to regain his energy and thus regain his human shape. Thus his discomfort around the fairer sex (the tsundere of the game, basically). Magical amulet: sword, element is fire.
- Alvaro: A trickster who delights in pulling pranks on people, and whose sole reason for doing what he does is “because it’s interesting/amusing”. What he said is *definitely* not what’s on his mind, and his facade of an easygoing student hides a more sinister secret. Magical amulet: talisman (the gemstones beneath his left eye), element is light.
- Est: A quiet, loner genius who, by his own admission, sees social relationships as serving no use. He keeps his distance from everyone else, and hides a dark secret of his own. Has a somewhat nihilistic point of view of the world around him. Magical amulet: book, element is darkness.
- Amy: Lulu’s roommate, a shy and gentle girl who can’t communicate well with men. Came from a famous family of seers, something she doesn’t like to admit as the pressure that came from it is too much for her… as Amy herself doesn’t seem to display a talent for it. Magical amulet: crystal ball, element is light.
- Elphart-sensei: One of the teachers at the academy, he was a graduate of the academy who returned to teach. Somewhat of a pushover, and quite clumsy… Magical amulet: staff, element is… ?
- Vania-sensei: A buxom teacher at the academy who says that she’d always be an ally for girls in love (…my phrasing is rather weird, but well). Has a somewhat mean streak to her personality, but ultimately a teacher lots of the (female) students go to for advice.
- Ivan-sensei: Despite looking like a little kid, this teacher is actually Vania’s older twin. Always at odd with Vania whom he considers to be too frivolous. A very serious, knowledgeable and fair teacher. Speaks somewhat in an archaic style…
Thinking about the game and its characters, I can see why they came out with fandisc and even a sequel… Will post more when I’ve finished another route.